Friday, May 25, 2018

New Summer, New Adventures

New Summer, New Adventures!


It's been another great year at Boise Bible College. So many things have happened since I last posted... Right now, I would like to share my transition from the school year into the summer.

For those of you who have not been informed, I have recently been on an adventure. One section of my life has closed and another has begun! This summer, I have closed one chapter of my life and started writing a new one, a one filled with adventure... Adventure at Adventure Christian Church.

I believe that God has called me to learning and growing in a Church environment, far from the comfort of Thailand and Boise. God wanted me to step out of my comfort zone, get plugged into a Church, and start serving in ministry. And that's just what I did. The day after I finished my sophomore year at Boise Bible College, I drove with some friends to McMinnville, Oregon.

Again, this was a culture shock for me. The people, weather, and atmosphere of Oregon is different than Idaho and Thailand. However, I know that God has been faithful and has been with me ever since I started this adventure.

I've seen God's providence in my life. The first day of this internship I had the wonderful opportunity to meet the staff and congregation. All of them were welcoming, friendly, and hospitable. Erik Neilson, the senior pastor of Adventure, has been mentoring me and teaching me the ropes of ministry. Not only that, my host family, Wes and Kristen Thomas, have been so kind to me. Their heart to serve in ministry and hosting me has been a blessing. The Church experience is good, the community is good, and above all, God is good.

_________________________________________________________________________________

There is much for me to learn this summer.
I've already been given lots of responsibilities such as: hosting a soccer summer camp for kids, preaching at Youth group, serving at 2 camps, and many more!

_________________________________________________________________________________
Of course, with all these opportunities for growth, there will be some obstacles.

These obstacles that I've already experienced is:
- being homesick
- getting out of my comfort zone
- my pride

_________________________________________________________________________________

I ask that you continue to pray for me and this new chapter in my life. Pray that:
- God's will be done
- I continue to grow/mature through this experience
- Build connections/network here
- Health/Safety
- Finances

_________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry again for the lack of updates on my life. I hope to continue writing blogs to keep you all posted (and of course there will be pictures to come). Thank you all again for the many prayers and words of encouragement. I couldn't have done it without you or God. Here's to many MORE adventures out there!

Blessings,
John Wongratanamajcha

No comments:

Post a Comment